The post-merger company will have around
Fitch has indicated in the past that over the long term, if FIBK was able to augment core earnings to equal those of higher rated peers while maintaining positive asset quality trends as well as reasonable capital levels, it could have a positive impact on the company's rating or Outlook. Fitch notes that FIBK's TCE ratio will be minimally affected by the transaction and should build to its current level over just a couple of quarters.
As with any merger or acquisition, there are risks relating to management's ability to effectively execute the transaction to realize full synergies. Given that this transaction is well within FIBK's operating footprint and the simplistic nature of MWFC's balance sheet, Fitch believes that execution risk is nominal.
Additional information is available at 'www.fitchratings.com'.
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista