A final order to sequestrate convicted drug dealer Glenn Agliotti's estate was issued yesterday, Sars said.
The revenue service would consider what cause of action to take against Agliotti and the cost of further legal steps, including a tax inquiry, spokesman
Sars was granted an order for provisional sequestration of Agliotti's property in November.
Agliotti owed Sars more than R70 million in income tax returns not filed and value-added tax obligations between 2003 and 2008, with interest, Lackay said.
A court order dated
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Samsung Launches Milk Music