Enrique Iglesias and global beauty company Coty Inc. have formed a partnership to launch a line of fragrances for the Latino entertainer.
Iglesias, 38, is an international pop star who has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide. He has also had five top 5 singles on the Billboard Hot 100, with two reaching the top spot, as well as 13 number-one hits on the dance chart -- the most ever for any male performer, according to a news release.
The House of Enrique Iglesias is expected to release its first fragrance in the summer of 2014.
"We are thrilled to partner with the talented Enrique Iglesias," said Renato Semerari, president of Coty Beauty, in a press release. "This partnership provides us with a great opportunity to expand our business in emerging markets, particularly in Brazil, the world's largest fragrance market, as well as in our other key fragrance markets."
Coty also has teamed with singers Madonna, Katty Perry, Lady Gaga and Latina entertainer Jennifer Lopez.
"I'm confident that together with Coty's expertise I'll be able to create a fragrance that's attractive to everyone, in particular to my fans," Iglesias said in a statement. "I hope it gives them confidence and makes them feel empowered."
Scroll down to watch the music video to one of Iglesias' most popular hits with Pitbull, "I Like It."
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree