At noon, the dollar fetched
The euro was quoted at
The dollar inherited its strength set in
"Yellen's remarks, which came as expected and offered no surprises, reassured market players as she is likely to adhere to the Fed's policies" taken under Bernanke, said a senior dealer at a major Japanese bank.
The approval Tuesday by the
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Cuba Publishes Text of Foreign Investment Law