ENP Newswire -
Release date- 10022014 - On 27 and
'It is crucial not only for financial stability but also for the acceptance of our economic system that we learn the right lessons from the crisis and that we better regulate and more stringently supervise the financial markets,' said Bundesbank President
Speakers at the symposium include Federal Minister of Finance
Renowned economists invited as active participants include
The symposium will focus on
the relationship between monetary policy, financial stability and fiscal policy, central banks' specific role and mandate now and in the future, banking regulation from a micro and macroprudential perspective, andthe regulation of non-banking business in the international financial system.'Together with our high-calibre guests we will shed light on these areas from different viewpoints. The discussion promises to be very stimulating and thought-provoking,' said
The Bundesbank symposium aims to facilitate an intensive exchange of ideas on the causes and repercussions of the financial crisis and on outstanding issues on the regulatory agenda. 'We look forward to hearing how academics and practitioners assess the crisis and propose to resolve it,' Dombret added.
Separate invitations to representatives of the media will be sent out in due course.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- U.S. Economy Added 175,000 Jobs in February
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Pussy Riot Members Attacked at McDonald's