David Cassidy's wife, Sue, intends to file for divorce from the U.S. singer and actor, TMZ reported.
The Cassidys have been together for 28 years, married for 23 and have a 23-year-old son. They have been living separately for about four months.
"This has been looming for some time," Sue told TMZ Monday. "I am truly heartbroken that our marriage is ending."
The celebrity news website said Sue declined to divulge whether her decision to divorce David is related to his ongoing battle with alcoholism, but she did say, "I'm glad David is getting the help he needs and I am confident he will come back better and stronger than ever."
David, 63, was arrested last month in Los Angeles for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and is currently in rehab undergoing treatment for addiction, the celebrity news website said.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: David Cassidy and wife to divorce after 23 years of marriage
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study