Three coffee producers and exporters - from Jimma (in
The winner of forth and fifth place was the
The top five winning coffees will be promoted next week at the Annual
Based on the call of the
Judges were selected by the AFCA Ethiopia Chapter Stirring Committee (Members represented from the industry), with a selection criterion of senior experts on coffee quality - representative from the Industry, licensed and qualified graders and experienced for the protocol and TOH events.
In the three-phased inspection, 91 coffee samples were submitted during the first phase. It was narrowed down to the top 36 high scoring coffees, during the second and to the top 13 high scoring coffees during the last one.
The occasion is a coffee cupping competition to identify the finest Ethiopian coffees, in order to promote quality coffee by way of contributing to the development and marketing of the industry.
Established in 2000, the AFCA is a regional association with its secretariat located in
The AFCA's membership includes: producers, millers, exporters, international importers, roasters, policymakers, transporters and trade representatives.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder