Three coffee producers and exporters - from Jimma (in
The winner of forth and fifth place was the
The top five winning coffees will be promoted next week at the Annual
Based on the call of the
Judges were selected by the AFCA Ethiopia Chapter Stirring Committee (Members represented from the industry), with a selection criterion of senior experts on coffee quality - representative from the Industry, licensed and qualified graders and experienced for the protocol and TOH events.
In the three-phased inspection, 91 coffee samples were submitted during the first phase. It was narrowed down to the top 36 high scoring coffees, during the second and to the top 13 high scoring coffees during the last one.
The occasion is a coffee cupping competition to identify the finest Ethiopian coffees, in order to promote quality coffee by way of contributing to the development and marketing of the industry.
Established in 2000, the AFCA is a regional association with its secretariat located in
The AFCA's membership includes: producers, millers, exporters, international importers, roasters, policymakers, transporters and trade representatives.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama