Patients having LASIK with the Zeiss MEL 80 can settle into the procedure. Patients swing comfortably from the VisuMax® LASIK flap workstation to the Zeiss MEL 80 vision correction workstation. This is the combination of the fastest vision correction lasers in the world. The VisuMax pulses 500,000 times per second and the Zeiss MEL 80 250 times per second.
Under the VisuMax, patients fixate on a flashing green light for about 20 seconds and an average of 30 seconds under the Zeiss MEL 80. There can be involuntary eye movements during a LASIK surgery and the Zeiss MEL 80 has an infrared eye tracker that compensates for any eye movement by tracking the center of the pupil. The Zeiss MEL 80 removes less tissue per unit of correction than other excimer lasers, which makes LASIK safer with higher corrections.
"We always strive to make vision correction more comfortable for our patients. The Zeiss MEL 80 improves patient experience by decreasing procedure times and recovery times. We're pleased to be able to bring this new technology to the Carolinas," says Dr. Christenbury.
Dr. Christenbury has always been on top of LASIK technology as he performed the first LASIK procedure in the Carolinas. He's performed over 100,000 LASIK procedures in the past 15 years and continues to adopt the most advanced technologies. LASIK patients at
Dr. Christenbury says, “Ninety-eight percent of our patients experience 20/20 vision or better, and patients tell us their night vision is better than with glasses or contact lenses.”
For more information about the Zeiss MEL 80 and LASIK eye surgery, contact
Dr. Christenbury performed the first LASIK procedure in the Carolinas in the early 1990s and since that time has performed more than 75,000 laser vision correction procedures. He also performed the first IntraLASIK procedure on the
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11562475.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs