"I want to inform you that another review procedure by the troika (of international lenders) has been completed with success," Georgiades told reporters during a lunchtime news conference.
The minister said the island's battered banking sector was in the stage of stabilisation as he announced that significant relaxations to capital controls imposed in March last year should be expected in the coming week.
He did not elaborate on what those relaxations would be.
Earlier on Tuesday, a senior
Send to Kindle
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation