"We see no reason to persist with our non-binding proposal, especially when the company is already so close to fulfilling our requested repurchase target," Icahn said in a letter to Apple shareholders.
The billionaire said in December last year that he would seek a vote to push Apple to buy back more stock and unlock cash. The company had
On Sunday, influential proxy adviser
Icahn said last month he had increased his Apple stake by
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference