Following is the text of press note issued by
The Minister of State for IT, Ms.
DG (PCB) apprised the Minister regarding the progress of e-office project at length. In this regard, multiple teams have been constituted in accordance with the nature of tasks and relevant to the human resource expertise.
The DG (PCB) told the minister that acquisition of Data Centre Facility for e-Office Hosting, signing of contract for e-office and middle software with the vendors, gathering and analysis of ministries for configuration of basic parameters for the said system has already completed.
The Federal Ministries/Divisions have nominated their Focal Persons to liaison with PCB team for the implementation of the system simultaneously in their respective Ministries/Divisions. Moreover, above 75% network connectivity of Federal Ministries/Divisions through Optical Fibre Ring has been tested successfully.
The master trainers are imparting the capacity building training to the trainers who will further train the employees of the Federal Government on e-office system to cater optimum results. The e-office system is already functional in Prime Minister Office,
The Minister directed to establish an IT Service Management Cell to register and address the issues of the end users of the system. She further expressed that the said system will be a key tool to ensure efficiency, accuracy, effectiveness, good governance, transparency, and accountability in decision making.
The Minister further added that the indigenous technological industry has been utilized for the development and implementation of e-office system to encourage the local industry and to maximize the usage of local IT HR as per the vision of the present government.
For more information, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property