NON-PROFIT group Better Markets yesterday claimed the
The campaign group is challenging the deal because it fears the Department is not acting properly when reaching settlements with banks.
Better Markets said it was appalled that the settlement gave the bank "blanket civil immunity" for its conduct without sufficient judicial review.
The record settlement, which was reached in November, does not however release JP Morgan from potential criminal liability over the mortgages it packaged into bonds.
The lawsuit, which names the
The Department maintains it did act lawfully.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter