Feb. 10--SOCHI, Russia -- U.S. bobsledder Lolo Jones appears to have been under the weather.
The track star-turned-Winter Olympian apparently had been suffering from cold and flu symptoms over the weekend, prompting her to be briefly segregated from the rest of the team.
Jones and teammate Lauryn Williams are set to become the ninth and 10th Americans to compete in the both the Winter and Summer Games.
Jones was released from "quarantine" Monday, according her Twitter account.
"Just released ... been in quarantine room in Olympic. Single room was nice just wish I had one of those stray dogs to keep me company," Jones tweeted, referring to the dogs who have made headlines first for their prevalence in Sochi and then for their rapidly dwindling ranks.
Just released... been in quarantine room in Olympic village.Single room was nice just wish I had one of those stray dogs to keep me company
-- Lolo Jones (@lolojones) February 10, 2014
U.S. ice dancer Alex Shibutani later tweeted a picture of himself with a frowning Jones in the background.
"Lolo has been sick so this is as close as I'll let her," he wrote.
.@lolojones has been sick so this is as close as I'll let her get to me. #LOLButSeriously #SochiSelfie #Sochi2014 pic.twitter.com/xd3PpuMho3
-- Alex Shibutani (@AlexShibutani) February 10, 2014
Jones, a former world indoor hurdle champion, competed at two Olympics but did not medal in either one.
She is slated to ride with pilot Jazmine Fenlator in USA-3 when the women's bobsled competition begins next week.
Katie Eberling of Palos Hills is serving as a team alternate and could be selected ride if Jones cannot compete.
(c)2014 the Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: Lolo feeling so-so: Jones battles illness
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department