The stock market ended up more or less where it began Monday in a quiet day for investors who had little economic data or company earnings to react to.
Analysts said the market is likely to remain in a holding pattern until traders hear from
The Dow Jones industrial average gained 7.71 points, 0.1 percent, to 15,801.79.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 2.82 points, or 0.2 percent, to close at 1,799.84.
The Nasdaq composite was up 22.31 points, or 0.5 percent, to 4,148.17.
For the year so far:
The Dow is down 774.87 points, or 4.7 percent.
The S&P 500 is down 48.52 points, or 2.6 percent.
The Nasdaq is down 28.42 points, or 0.7 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department