SIRONKO- Government partnership with the
The State minister for Microfinance, Ms Caroline Amali Okao, said the government is also planning to set up an agriculture bank to boost commercial farming in rural areas.
The minister made the revelation while addressing members of the Women's Microfinance Initiative in Buyobo Sub-county in
But the institution now has about 3,200 members spread all over the Mt Elgon districts with capital of more than Shs900 million.
Ms Amali said the government will also build capacity for Saccos so that they grow and develop into formalised institutions.
The minister said the development of rural microfinance institutions was important to the economy and agriculture. She said Women's Microfinance Initiative was one of the best microfinance institutions in the country. Its savings attracted
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study