Michael Estrada's clients are some of the most recognizable names in the world. Now it's his job to make sure they have adequate pensions and reasonable health care costs.
Mr. Estrada was appointed last week by the Screen Actors Guild-Producers Pension & Health Plans as the new CEO, replacing Christopher Dowdell who retired after 24 years with the plans. Mr. Estrada had previously served as executive director of investments for SAG.
"Mr. Estrada's track with the Plans makes him the ideal candidate to guide the organization's future and we are thrilled that he has accepted this position," said David White, national executive director of SAG-AFTRA, in a statement.
Mr. Estrada's team oversees a $3 billion investment pension portfolio as well as a $300 million health plan investment portfolio. Contributions to the pension come from producers, while producers and actors contribute funding for the health care pension.
SAG said that Mr. Estrada was responsible for reducing administrative expenses for the plans by 8.4 percent or $2.4 million in 2012.
Prior to joining the SAG's Producers Pension and Health Plans, Mr. Estrada worked for Merrill Lynch & Co. and web-based startup eMind LLC. The Plans' main office is in Burbank, Calif.
SAG represents more than 40,000 actors in the motion picture and television industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines