Visser said NCR gave the company funding to create its printer management software, as well as the rights to the program and a distribution channel. "We stepped out on our own and it has just grown exponentially since then," he said.
Plus Technologies' OM (Output Manager) Plus software suite has been installed more than 30,000 times in 30 countries. The company's customers include businesses, government agencies, health care organizations and educational institutions. Visser said more than 2,000 customers are under a maintenance contract.
"When we walk in the door
Visser declined to disclose the company's revenues.
The OM Plus suite includes three products: Delivery Manager, which routes printed documents to their intended recipients;
The products can increase corporate security and efficiency, and reduce costs, said
"We are a relatively small company, but some very large companies depend on us for very important things," Visser said.
Plus Technologies recently developed My Print Delivery, a product that allows workers to print documents on any company printer by swiping their identification badge.
Emerson said the software helps safeguard sensitive documents in hospital and financial settings by holding them until the printer receives the proper identification. "There is no risk of those things just lying in the printer tray," he said.
Plus Technologies is a financially conservative company that is funded through its own operations, with no debt or third-party funding, Visser said. The firm has a stable work force, with little employee turnover, he said. The company also has offices in
Plus Technologies does 65 percent of its business through strategic partnerships for growth in new geographic areas or industries. The remaining 35 percent is through direct sales, by creating global demand through search engine optimization and Google Ads, Visser said.
This month, Plus Technologies announced a partnership with clSystech, a German technologies services company that has started to market and support the OM Plus product suite in
In December, the company sold a large block of software to a large U.S. health care organization for the management of 100,000 printers, he said.
Plus Technologies' products also are embedded in larger software packages through partnerships with companies such as
"The paper environment is different -- more complex, more intricate, more deeply computerized -- but it's still there," he said.
(c)2014 the Dayton Daily News (Dayton, Ohio)
Visit the Dayton Daily News (Dayton, Ohio) at www.daytondailynews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services