Can we expect a Nintendo game on our smartphone any time soon? Maybe. Maybe not.
At a business presentation in Tokyo, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said the company will start making smartphone apps, and that gaming could be a part of it.
Nintendo's app will be about showcasing the "value of our entertainment offerings," Iwata said, " thus encouraging more people to participate in Nintendo platforms."
As for games being part of the initiative, Iwata said, "I have not given any restrictions to the development team, even not ruling out the possibility of making games or using our game characters. However, if you report that we will release Mario on smart devices, it would be a completely misleading statement."
You can read Iwata's full talk on smartphone development here.
COPYRIGHT 2014 TBREAK MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
(c) 2014 All rights reserved. Albawaba.com
Original headline: Nintendo to make smartphone apps
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval