Can we expect a Nintendo game on our smartphone any time soon? Maybe. Maybe not.
At a business presentation in Tokyo, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said the company will start making smartphone apps, and that gaming could be a part of it.
Nintendo's app will be about showcasing the "value of our entertainment offerings," Iwata said, " thus encouraging more people to participate in Nintendo platforms."
As for games being part of the initiative, Iwata said, "I have not given any restrictions to the development team, even not ruling out the possibility of making games or using our game characters. However, if you report that we will release Mario on smart devices, it would be a completely misleading statement."
You can read Iwata's full talk on smartphone development here.
COPYRIGHT 2014 TBREAK MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
(c) 2014 All rights reserved. Albawaba.com
Original headline: Nintendo to make smartphone apps
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals