Can we expect a Nintendo game on our smartphone any time soon? Maybe. Maybe not.
At a business presentation in Tokyo, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said the company will start making smartphone apps, and that gaming could be a part of it.
Nintendo's app will be about showcasing the "value of our entertainment offerings," Iwata said, " thus encouraging more people to participate in Nintendo platforms."
As for games being part of the initiative, Iwata said, "I have not given any restrictions to the development team, even not ruling out the possibility of making games or using our game characters. However, if you report that we will release Mario on smart devices, it would be a completely misleading statement."
You can read Iwata's full talk on smartphone development here.
COPYRIGHT 2014 TBREAK MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
(c) 2014 All rights reserved. Albawaba.com
Original headline: Nintendo to make smartphone apps
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists