Can we expect a Nintendo game on our smartphone any time soon? Maybe. Maybe not.
At a business presentation in Tokyo, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said the company will start making smartphone apps, and that gaming could be a part of it.
Nintendo's app will be about showcasing the "value of our entertainment offerings," Iwata said, " thus encouraging more people to participate in Nintendo platforms."
As for games being part of the initiative, Iwata said, "I have not given any restrictions to the development team, even not ruling out the possibility of making games or using our game characters. However, if you report that we will release Mario on smart devices, it would be a completely misleading statement."
You can read Iwata's full talk on smartphone development here.
COPYRIGHT 2014 TBREAK MEDIA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
(c) 2014 All rights reserved. Albawaba.com
Original headline: Nintendo to make smartphone apps
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend