HELENA, Mont. , Jan. 31 -- The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Montana Agricultural Statistics office issued the following news release: The preliminary Agricultural Index of Prices Received by Farmers in January, at 98 percent, based on 2011=100, decreased 2 points (2.0 percent) from December. The Crop Production Index is down 2 points (2.2 percent) but the Livestock Production Index increased 2 points (1.8 percent). Producers received lower prices for eggs, wheat, corn, and turkeys and higher prices for cattle, milk, broilers, and calves. In addition to prices, the overall index is also affected by the seasonal change based on a 3-year average mix of commodities producers sell. Decreased marketing of milk, hogs, and cattle offset the increased monthly movement of soybeans, corn, and oranges. The preliminary Agricultural Production Index is down 13 points (12 percent) from January 2013 . The Food Commodities Index, at 109, is unchanged from last month but decreased 2 points (1.8 percent) from January 2013 . Prices Paid Index up 1 Point The January Index of Prices Paid for Commodities and Services, Interest, Taxes, and Farm Wage Rates (PPITW) is at 106 (2011=100). The index is up 1 point (1.0 percent) from December but unchanged from January 2013 . Higher prices in January for feeder cattle, other services, and supplements more than offset lower prices for potash & phosphate, hay & forages, feed grains, and wage rates. For a full copy of the report please visit www.nass.usda.gov . For state specific questions please contact: Arizona - Steven Manheimer 1-800-645-7286 Colorado - William R. Meyer 1-800-392-3202 Montana - Eric Sommer 1-800-835-2612 New Mexico - Longino Bustillos 1-800-530-8810 Utah - John Hilton 1-800-747-8522 Wyoming - Rhonda Brandt 1-800-892-1660 TNS 24HariRad-14020130FurigayJane-4623261 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?