Iran served as a transit route for some 10 million tons of commodities in the 10 months to January 2014 , said the director general for Transit and Border Terminals at Iran's Road Maintenance and Transportation Organization . "From the beginning of the current [Iranian] year (started March 21, 2013 ) through January 21 , 9.93 million tons of goods were transited via the country, registering a 6-percent rise over the similar period of last year," Mohammad Javad Atrchian was quoted as saying by Press TV. More than 9.5 million tons of oil and non-oil products, accounting for 96 percent of the total, were transited via road, and the remaining 4 percent totaling 413,000 tons were transported by rail. Atrchian noted that the Parviz Khan Border Crossing in Iran's western city of Qasr-e Shirin was the most active entry port, through which more than 3 million tons of goods were imported. "Bandar Imam Khomeini in southwest Iran was the most active exit port, through which over 3 million tons of commodities were exported," he said. 10m tons of goods transited
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO