Yerevan . The sole producer of aluminum foil in Armenia , CJSC Rusal-Armenal Plant, increased production 5,2% for Jan- Nov 2013 versus the same period of 2012 - up to 25,375 thousand tons of foil, the National Statistical Service reported. Foil rolling for Jan- Nov 2013 grew 1.1% to 17,8 tons (17.6 tons for Jan- Nov 2012 ). Almost 80% of total production is exported to the USA , Europe and Middle East , as well as to South America , Africa and South Asia . To recall, ARMENAL foil rolling mill was founded in May 2000 as part of the Kanaker aluminium smelter. It is one of the biggest production facilities in Armenia and is the only producer of aluminium foil in the Caucasus and Central Asian regions. Together with two other foil mills, Sayanal in the Russian republic of Khakasia and Urals Foil, ARMENAL forms the company's Packaging Division.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?