Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from ITEP, "It was found that multiple track overlapping leads to complete amorphization of carbide and (Y,Ti) oxide particles in Cr16 specimens. No latent tracks have been observed in Y4Al2O9 particles in KP4 irradiated With Bi ions. Small oxide particles (similar to 5 nm), in KP4 alloy, remain crystalline at Bi ion fluences up to 1.5 x 10(13) cm(-2), while subsurface regions in large (similar to 20 nm) particles were amorphized."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Xe ion irradiation at fluences of 1 x 10(14) cm(-2) and 1.5 x 10(15) cm(-2) resulted in amorphization of small Y4Al2O9 oxide particles while the amorphous bodies of large particles were found to contain small crystalline inclusions."
For more information on this research see: Radiation stability of the ODS alloys against swift heavy ion impact.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation