By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Science Letter -- Data detailed on Applied Pyrolysis have been presented. According to news reporting originating from Malatya, Turkey , by NewsRx correspondents, research stated, "Tonnes of waste are generated during tea production in Turkey , one of the black tea producing countries in the world. These wastes are not used for any purposes throughout industrial sector." Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from Inonu University , "The objective of this study is to bring in economic value to waste materials by producing activated carbons from wastes of a tea plant and to characterize their physicochemical properties. Three types of activated carbons were produced by chemical activation using zinc chloride from tea industry wastes (TIW). Mesoporous structure and surface area rise as the ratio of ZnCl2/TIW increases. When the ratios of ZnCl2/TIW were selected as 1/2:1, 1:1, and 2:1, mesoporous activated carbons are found in the percentages of 10.9%, 39.9% and 77.7% with BET surface areas of 706, 1066 and 1141 m(2) g(-1), respectively." According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The resultant activated carbons were characterized by analyses of proximate-ultimate, FT-IR, SEM, TGA, methylene blue-iodine numbers, and surface functional groups." For more information on this research see: Physicochemical characteristics of a novel activated carbon produced from tea industry waste. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis , 2013;104():249-259. Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis can be contacted at: Elsevier Science Bv, PO Box 211, 1000 Ae Amsterdam, Netherlands . ( Elsevier - www.elsevier.com ; Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis - www.elsevier.com/wps/product/cws_home/502687 ) The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting A. Gundogdu, Inonu University , Dept. of Chem Engn , Fac Engn, TR-44280 Malatya, Turkey . Additional authors for this research include C. Duran , H.B. Senturk , M. Soylak, M. Imamoglu and Y. Onal (see also Applied Pyrolysis ). Keywords for this news article include: Turkey , Malatya, Eurasia, Applied Pyrolysis Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?