The meeting of Privatization Board for privatization of 31 different departments including OGDCL is not in favour of the country. It has been stated by the elected representatives of OGDCL Officers Association and CBA here today at OGDCL Head Office, Islamabad . The privatization of this strategic and profit earning organization was surprising which would increase economic and financial problems of the country. The average price of gas being supplied by OGDCL is less than three dollars per MMBTU in case OGDCL is privatized then the gas prices will go up drastically and would not be affordable for common of Pakistan . OGDCL has been undertaking its exploration activities in the high risk areas of KPK, Balochistan and Sindh and it could enhance its E&P activities. CBA Union OGDCL has called a emergency meeting of all employees to draw strategy to safeguard the interest of the company and nation.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11