ENP Newswire -
Release date- 07012014 -
The SmartGPS Eco V2.0 is the latest advancement in Magellan's cloud based content services that delivers money saving content, keeps drivers informed with relevant location and social content, and provides safer navigation. New features include an expanded portfolio of leading content partners, easy drag and drop content manager for end-users, and updated companion iOS and Android apps.
Built on a robust architecture supporting content aggregation, personalization and localized delivery, the Magellan SmartGPS Eco V2.0 is designed to integrate with connected car solutions requiring real time, personalized local content. The SmartGPS Eco V2.0 is targeted to Automotive OEM and Tier 1 customers, fleet operators, and rental car companies. As one of the original pioneers in the personal navigation industry, Magellan says engineering cloud products with location relevance for automotive OEM's is a logical evolution for them.
'Our Magellan SmartGPS Eco aggregates and integrates unlimited content into a single stream, which is filtered based on user preferences, and delivered into any standardized user interface,' said
This personal, local information is delivered automatically, and includes valuable content from leading partners such as restaurant reviews and deals from Yelp and Foursquare reviews, Amber alerts,
Magellan debuted the SmartGPS Eco V1.0 at CES 2013. The first commercial implementation of Magellan's SmartGPS Eco, the SmartGPS 5295 consumer device, was named a CES 2013 Innovations Award nominee, and launched in consumer retail in spring of 2013.
'With nearly a year of sales in the consumer market, the SmartGPS Eco infrastructure is proven and hardened. The advancements in SmartGPS Eco V2.0 represent three years of research and development, coupled with nearly a year of consumer input following the Spring 2013 launch of V1.0,' said
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org]
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law