ENP Newswire - 09 January 2014 Release date- 08012014 - High Level Group Regional Forum in Almaty to Assess Past Performance and Future Strategy of the Islamic Development Bank . As part of the celebration of its 40th anniversary, the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Group is to hold a regional event in Almaty, Kazakhstan , during 14-16 January, 2014 , involving 12 of its member countries, in order to carry out a candid assessment of the Group's performance during the past four decades and also discuss future challenges and regional/global priorities and strategies for the next 10 years. Similar regional events were or will be held in Kuala Lumpur ( Malaysia ), Dakar (Senegal) and Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) for the other member countries of the IDB, as a prelude to the commemoration of IDB's 40th anniversary, which is to be held concurrent with the Bank's 39th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors in Jeddah , KSA during 25-26 June 2014 . The event will mainly comprise a high level regional forum, on 15 January, which is expected to be inaugurated by H.E. Aset Issekeshev, Kazak Deputy Prime Minister, who is also the Minister of Industry and New Technologies and IDB Governor for Kazakhstan . Ministers and high level officials from Kazakhstan , Uzbekistan , Tajikistan , Kyrgyzstan , Turkmenistan , Turkey , Afghanistan , Azerbaijan , Iran , Pakistan and Albania along with leaders from the private sector and the business community will deliberate on possible strategies for the IDB Group to support the socio-economic development of its member countries in various fields and help tackle poverty at regional and global levels. On 14 January, two workshops will precede the main forum, focusing on 'Promoting the Development of the global Islamic Financial Sector' and 'Development Assistance to Muslim Communities in non-member countries'. [Editorial queries for this story should be sent to email@example.com ] ((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org ))
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO