This morning, Family Dollar (FDO) reported fiscal first quarter earnings of $78 million, or 68 cents per share, as revenue climbed to $2.5 billion. The company narrowly missed both top and bottom line estimates, sending shares lower on Thursday morning. In the report, Family Dollar said same store sales fell 2.8% in the quarter and that a single digit drop is expected to continue into the current quarter. On the news, shares of FDO were lower by more than 9%. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201401Earn1010913&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11