The deal capped one of the city's favorite success stories, which began in 2000, when brothers-in-law
The trio started selling email-marketing software out of a Greenfield business park. The firm, now headquartered in downtown
The multi-billion-dollar deal, combined with generous benefits that gave stock options to all employees, has local tech leaders predicting an entrepreneurial flurry over the next several years.
Executives have tried to assuage some concerns about
Salesforce spent the latter half of the year trumpeting its purchase. That included placing Dorsey and his executive team in charge of Salesforce's entire marketing cloud, one of the company's four main divisions. In a gesture of its confidence, Salesforce named the business unit the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress