Curved Screens, Wearable Technology Dominate Consumer Electronic Show
The International Consumer Electronics Show (http://www.cesweb.org/) in
Visitors flock to
"It's both exciting and pretty terrifying because we're gonna see so many cool new things," said
Curved displays are one trend getting a lot of talk this year. They're on everything from televisions to mobile phones.
"Right now you can buy a curved TV, but if you can't decide if you want it flat or not, you can choose a flexible one," said
Another hot emerging trend: wearable technology.
Carey says a smart watch is practical.
"It has apps now that can give you a quick glance at the sports score with an ESPN app. You can see who texted you, what calls you missed," she said.
Still, some warn that wearable technology may take a while before they become widely accepted.
"That's a big trend right now, and actually, even though smart watches will be kind of a buzz word, the reality is smart watches are years from taking off," said
The 2014 International Consumer Electronics Show runs until
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline