The Bank of England said Thursday it would maintain its monetary policies at current levels. The central bank has kept its overnight lending rate at an historically low 0.5 percent since March 2009 . The BOE also initiated an asset purchasing program in that month, which increased to a $613 billion program in July 2012 . The BOE does not explain its policy decisions until meeting minutes are released two weeks after the meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11