The Albanian government will settle its debt towards construction companies, AINA news agency reported, citing transport minister Edmond Haxhinasto . The ministry has already allocated USD 120mn for the purpose. The payment will be made only after successful implementation of the projects. Albania reached an agreement with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in December 2013 on a 36-month Extended Fund Facility (EFF) for a total amount of EUR 300mn . The financial support has been requested by the Albanian government in order to enable clearance of arrears and unpaid bills towards the private sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?