J&J's Janssen unit under the terms of the agreement will assist with the development of Capricor's cell therapy programme for cardiovascular applications, comprising its lead product, CAP-1002. The latter is an allogeneic adult stem cell therapy derived from donor heart tissue which is under evaluation in patients who have suffered a large myocardial infarction.
The partners stated that they will work together on elements of cell manufacturing development and Capricor will get an upfront payment of
If Janssen uses its choice rights, Capricor will be entitled to get up to
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels