According to the firm, its C-MAX Solar Energi concept car with a solar panel roof gains power from a special solar concentrator lens which are similar to a magnifying glass. This vehicle would reduce the annual greenhouse gas emissions a typical car owner would produce by four metric tons.
The company will be displaying the vehicle at the International Consumer Electronics Show in
According to Ford, the system tracks the sun as it moves from east to west, drawing suficient power from the solar rays each day to equal a four-hour battery charge. This car would deliver an estimated 100 miles (160 kilometers) per gallon (3.8 liters) of gasoline.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law