By a News Reporter-Staff News Editor at Insurance Weekly News -- Current study results on Risk Management have been published. According to news reporting out of Austin, Texas , by VerticalNews editors, research stated, "The objective of this paper is to test the effectiveness of speed reduction markings (SRMs). The empirical data including vehicle operations and drivers' psychological and physical reactions were collected in a driving simulator." Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "An index the relative speed difference was developed to evaluate the effectiveness of speed reduction markings. Researchers analyzed data to test the effectiveness of speed reduction markings and quantitatively study their effects and the deceleration process. Out of 15 subjects, there were 1 (7%), 2 (13%), and 7 (47%) subjects who decelerated while driving through the downhill section in the No SRMs scenario, Longitudinal SRMs scenario and Transverse SRMs scenario, respectively." According to the news editors, the research concluded: "In terms of speed and subjects' decelerating maneuver, the results of the analysis of variance (ANOVA) and the contrast analysis (S-N-K method) showed that transverse speed reduction markings (TSRMs) could significantly influence subjects' speed choice and maneuver (P < 0.05)." For more information on this research see: Experimental research on the effectiveness of speed reduction markings based on driving simulation: A case study. Accident Analysis and Prevention , 2013;60():211-218. Accident Analysis and Prevention can be contacted at: Pergamon-Elsevier Science Ltd , The Boulevard, Langford Lane , Kidlington, Oxford OX5 1GB, England . ( Elsevier - www.elsevier.com ; Accident Analysis and Prevention - www.elsevier.com/wps/product/cws_home/336 ) Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting H. Ding , Texas Dept. of Transportat , Austin, TX 78750, United States . Additional authors for this research include X.H. Zhao , J. Rong and J.M. Ma . Keywords for this news article include: Texas , Austin , United States , Risk Management, North and Central America Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?