Standard Chartered have announced the appointment of John Lee as Executive Director for West Africa in its Private Bank . Commenting on the new hire, Stephen Richards Evans , Head of Private Banking in the Group's Western hemisphere operations, said: "I am delighted that John has joined Standard Chartered Private Bank , bringing a wealth of experience from his 20 year banking career in Africa. We have ambitious plans for our operations across Africa. The region's rapid economic growth means successful entrepreneurs - the number of dollar millionaires in Nigeria alone is forecast to double by 2030 - are demanding increasingly sophisticated private banking products and services. John's expertise will be of great value to our clients in West Africa ." Lee was previously Director & Desk Head Africa at HSBC Private Bank London . He joins Standard Chartered's team of experienced Private Bankers in London , Geneva , Jersey and Dubai that exclusively focus on clients in and for sub-Saharan Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California