Punjab Chief Minister
He was addressing the inaugural ceremony of e-learning programme started with the collaboration of
The Chief Minister inaugurated the e-learning programme by pressing the computer button. Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said that Punjab government has provided funds of billion of rupees for the development of education sector and promotion of information technology.
He said that the resources spent on the students are not expenditure but useful investment for a prosperous future of the country. He said that e-learning is a part of the revolutionary programme started for the promotion of information technology during the last tenure of Punjab government. He said that ten thousand laptops worth
He said that Punjab government will provide tablets to boy and girl students of schools during the current year while laptop scheme will also continue. He said that internet facility has been provided in universities and colleges while IT labs were established in 45 hundred high schools of the province at a cost of
He said that Punjab government will also start e-library in the next phase. He directed Education Minister, concerned secretaries and Chairman Punjab Information Technology Board to immediately start work on the programme of setting up e-libraries in cities and towns. He said that libraries play an important role in the promotion of reading habit which is essential for progress and development of the society.
The Chief Minister said that importance of information technology has greatly increased in the present era and that is why Punjab government adopted the modern system of information technology for overcoming price hike and dengue. He said that prices of essential items were regularly monitored while the performance of the concerned staff was also checked by adopting this system due to which the prices of essential items have stabilized in the province. Similarly, he said full benefit was taken from the dash board of Information Technology Board in the drive against dengue.
He said that Punjab government is also utilizing information technology for improving the system of police and traffic.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11