Though hackers primarily target servers and user computers there still exist some risks to data while in transit from users' computers to web sites. Scholarships.com has decided to position itself ahead of the curve and take heightened measures to protect the security of data during both transmission and storage. Typically, only banking institutions and others collecting extremely sensitive financial information online (Social Security Numbers, credit card information and other such data) would be expected to employ SSL for the transmission of data, as this is the type of information typically sought out by and most valuable to hackers. However, there has been growing concern regarding the security of data passed over the internet, and Scholarships.com has responded to that concern by implementing the SSL protocol site-wide.
Since our founding in 1998, Scholarships.com has helped students find money for college as well as learn about the entire financial aid process. Over the years, Scholarships.com has become one of the most widely-used and trusted free college scholarship search and financial aid information resources on the Internet. Perhaps of utmost importance is Scholarships.com's mission to find and list scholarships which specifically serve minority and underrepresented groups; essentially those requiring the most support in their effort to find and finance the college education they desire.
Keywords for this news article include: Scholarships.com, Information Technology, Information and Data Security.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down