Moscow stock indexes inched higher on Friday to close the week on a positive note even though Russian equities have felt the impact of big outflows of investor cash from emerging markets. At 0745 GMT the rouble-denominated MICEX index was flat at 1,502 points and the dollar-denominated RTS index was up 0.1 percent at 1,450 points. The MICEX index has increased 1.8 percent over the year so far, while the RTS is down 5 percent, pressured by the weaker rouble.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?