Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from the
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Finally, based on the understanding of dominant scattering mechanisms in different phonon frequency regimes, we present the basic concept of phononic engineering to control the thermal conductivity of silicon nanowires."
For more information on this research see: Thermal conductivity of silicon nanowires: From fundamentals to phononic engineering. Physica Status Solidi-Rapid Research Letters, 2013;7(10):754-766. Physica Status Solidi-Rapid Research Letters can be contacted at:
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from G. Zhang, Inst High Performance Comp, Singapore 138632, Singapore.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?