Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research, "Here, a new flow cytometric approach is presented to analyze fluorescent NPs with a 'standard' non-scanning flow cytometer and to quantify them inside cells. The mean fluorescence intensity of a single particle and the particle concentration (NPs per ?L medium) are obtained. A routine for rapid quantitative counting of the endocytosed NPs in HeLa cells by flow cytometry (FC) is developed and validated by confocal laser scanning microscopy."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "As a proof-of-concept, the quantitative measurements show that the cellular uptake efficiency of negatively charged poly(methyl methacrylate) NPs is very low, that is, in the range of 10(-3) % of the added particle amount."
For more information on this research see: Absolute quantitation of sub-micrometer particles in cells by flow cytometry. Macromolecular Bioscience, 2013;13(11):1568-75. (Wiley-Blackwell - www.wiley.com/; Macromolecular Bioscience - onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1616-5195)
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting A. Hocherl,
Keywords for this news article include: Mainz,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?