TOKYO , Jan. 9 -- ( Kyodo ) _ The Nikkei stock index fell Thursday, erasing most of the previous day's hefty gains as investors locked in profits ahead of the release Friday of U.S. jobs data for December. The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down 241.12 points, or 1.5 percent, from Wednesday at 15,880.33. The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the Tokyo Stock Exchange finished 9.48 points, or 0.73 percent, lower at 1,296.75. A broad range of sectors faced selling with oil, real estate and food shares leading the way.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia