Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "This study investigated neovascularization process and angiogenesis-related protein secretion by prevascular cell-sheets. Prevascular (ECNA-positive) double-layered fibroblast (FB) sheets were created by sandwiching human aortic endothelial cells (HAECs) between two human dermal FB sheets. As the ECNA-negative control, FBs-sandwiching double-layered FB sheets were used. Two types of cell-sheets were subcutaneously transplanted into immune-deficient rats. At 3 days after transplantation, induction of the newly-formed microvessels near the host vasculature was observed in the ECNA-positive cell-sheet. In contrast, no neovessel was observed in the ECNA-negative cell-sheet at I week after transplantation. Consequently, the secretion of angiogenesis-related proteins in conditioned media of each cell-sheet cultured for 3 days were compared. The levels of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), placenta growth factor (PIGF) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) significantly increased in the ECNA-positive cell-sheets. These results suggested that these molecules might involve in neovascularization after the transplantation of prevascular cell-sheets."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "These findings may contribute to understanding its mechanism."
For more information on this research see: Expression profiles of angiogenesis-related proteins in prevascular three-dimensional tissues using cell-sheet engineering. Biomaterials, 2014;35(1):206-213. Biomaterials can be contacted at:
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting T.
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study