The frenzy over tablet computers and smartphones seems to have run its course, and everyone is waiting to see where the tech revolution will go next.
The hundreds of exhibitors at the CES, which runs until
The next big thing in tech may be next-generation televisions with price tags in the tens of thousands of dollars.
South Korean electronics giants Samsung and LG are both competing in this market niche, unveiling televisions with 105-inch curved screens at the CES in an effort to get media buzz.
It is still too early to tell whether curved screens will end up like 3D, which is going out of fashion, or are the wave of the future.
"Honestly, it's still a limited technology,"
Samsung and LG are also showcasing "
Sensors that measure physical activity, heart rate and blood sugar level, as well as "smartwatches," are also generating buzz at the CES. EFE
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation