Elvis Presley fans have gathered to honor the late rock 'n' roll icon's 79th birthday.
Wednesday's celebration at Graceland, Presley's longtime Memphis home, featured a cake cutting and the singing of "Happy Birthday" by 16-year-old Canadian David Thibault.
Presley was 42 when he died Aug. 16, 1977.
Presley recorded his first song "That's All Right" in 1954. This year marks the 60th anniversary of the recording.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original Headline: Fans gather to mark Elvis Presley's birthday
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life