Elvis Presley fans have gathered to honor the late rock 'n' roll icon's 79th birthday.
Wednesday's celebration at Graceland, Presley's longtime Memphis home, featured a cake cutting and the singing of "Happy Birthday" by 16-year-old Canadian David Thibault.
Presley was 42 when he died Aug. 16, 1977.
Presley recorded his first song "That's All Right" in 1954. This year marks the 60th anniversary of the recording.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original Headline: Fans gather to mark Elvis Presley's birthday
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts