The European shares fluctuated within the closing session close to their highest level since May 2008 reached yesterday after that a report showed that the U.S companies hired more workers than projected by the market. CAC 40 Index The French index fell 1.72 points or 0.04% to finally close at 4260.96. The index started the session at 4268.21 and recorded throughout the day its highest level at 4272.07 and its lowest level at 4245.56. The worst performing shares in terms of subtracted value for the index were led by the Technip SA share as it plummeted 2.06% to end at €68.40, following is the L'Oreal SA share as it shed 1.86% to settle at €123.75. DAX Index German equities advanced today as the benchmark index DAX 30 closed the session higher by 8.36 points or 0.09% at 9202.07. The index started the session at 9512.79 and recorded throughout the day its highest level at 9516.26 and its lowest level at 9467.95. Best performing stocks within the index were the Heidelbergcement AG share which inclined 1.23% to settle at €56.90, in second place came the Bayer AG share which closed higher by 0.74% at €94.94 FTSE 100 Index The British benchmark index ended the day lower to settle at 6721.78 with a loss of 0.50%. The index started the session at 6755.45 and recorded throughout the day its highest level at 6755.53 and its lowest level at 6713.39. The worst performing shares in terms of subtracted value for the index were led by the Aberdeen Asset share as it plummeted 3.60% to end at £473.30, following is the Tate & Lyle PLC share as it shed 3.44% to settle at £473.30.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?