The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research from Jamia Millia Islamia, "The estimated values of nonlinear absorption coefficient beta, nonlinear refractive index n(2) and third order susceptibility chi((3)) of the composite film are of the order of 10(-3) (m/W), 10(-1)1 (m(2)/W) and 10(-4) (esu), respectively. The dye molecules have been encapsulated uniformly between molecules of polymer as a nanocomposite with average roughness similar to 7.96 nm as characterized by AFM technique. The nanocomposite film also exhibited strong photoluminescence emission when excited with 532 nm. The second order hyperpolarizability of composite film has also been estimated."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The evaluated figure of merit W having a value greater than 1, and the results obtained suggest that the composite film of 1,5-diamino-9,10-anthraquinone-PMMA has potential applications in nonlinear optical devices."
For more information on this research see: Study of self-defocusing, reverse saturable absorption and photoluminescence in anthraquinone PMMA nanocomposite film. Spectrochimica Acta Part A-Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 2014;118():852-856. Spectrochimica Acta Part A-Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting S. Zafar, Jamia Millia Islamia,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'