Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "Our method has several advantages over the currently available ones, viz., wider choice of restriction sites and facility for rapid screening of positive clones, among others. We demonstrate the utility of this approach in assembling the tomato phytoene desaturase gene."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "This simplified DNA fragment assembly strategy for ihpRNA construction facilitates high-throughput gene silencing in plants."
For more information on this research see: One-step DNA fragment assembly for expressing intron-containing hairpin RNA in plants for gene silencing. Analytical Biochemistry, 2013;433(2):189-91. (
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting M. Manamohan,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Senate Reaches Unemployment Benefits Deal
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna