THE ANNUAL Consumer Electronics Show in
This year saw 3D printers move further towards the mainstream, while manufacturers of high-end TVs once again pulled out all the stops to bring us ever sharper, brighter and more outlandish designs.
Apple - as ever conspicuous by its absence - still cast a long shadow over the event, with many firms showing off the products designed to work with its phones and tablets. Also promising was the emergence of new companies creating beautiful, functional products that can stand shoulder to shoulder with the more established names in the business.
Here is our pick of the releases from the first two days of the show.
Samsung bendable TV Samsung's new ultra HD 105-inch behemoth of a television isn't just amazing to look at - it is also bendable. Through the remote you can change the curvature of the screen, which is supposed to draw the viewer in and provide better peripheral vision for gamers. £TBA, samsung.com/uk MakerBot Z18 3D printer firm MakerBot unveiled a oversized device that can print detailed threedimensional creations up to 12 x 12 x 18 inches - six times bigger than normal.
£4,000, makerbot.com Bang & Olufsen Essence The new device from high-end audio firm
£580, unmonday.com iSense 3D scanner The iSense 3D scanner is one of those gadgets that should be filed under "bafflingly futuristic". It allows you to scan an object in real-time, in three dimensions. You can then use the data you've captured to print a new version on a 3D printer. The one announced yesterday clips onto your iPad.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet