With its modern systems, advanced engine technology and unique composite structure, Boeing's 787 Dreamliner series delivers big-jet range in a mid-size airplane, all while achieving Mach 0.85 speed, unmatched fuel efficiency and improved passenger comfort. Customers aboard the new aircraft will enjoy a substantial improvement to the in-cabin experience, with wider aisles, larger windows with adjustable tint, cleaner and more comfortable air, lower cabin altitude and a smoother, quieter ride.
JAL will introduce the 787-8 Dreamliner to the YVR-NRT route using a phased approach, beginning with one weekly flight on Mondays and extending to its daily flights by
JAL's Dreamliner service is expected to be followed by additional Boeing 787 announcements, as other YVR airlines take delivery of their new aircraft and plan routes and service schedules for the balance of 2014.
YVR will work with its airline partners to host official inaugural events, including tours and contests. Updates on YVR's Year of the Dreamliner will be shared online, at yvr.ca and through YVR's social media channels. Stay tuned.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign