A PARTNER at a North-East law firm has become the first practising solicitor in the UK to become dually qualified as a certified turnaround professional. Andrew Cawkwell , a partner in Newcastle -based Muckle's banking and restructuring team, has been accredited by the European Association of Certified Turnaround Professionals . It recognises Mr Cawkwell's extensive experience in providing advice on a range of matters relevant to helping businesses in difficulty. He said: "Many lawyers in the corporate or banking field will approach business issues as legal problems, requiring legal solutions. "I seek broader solutions to problems, whether these are legal, financial or otherwise. "The breadth of skills and expertise at Muckle means we can help businesses facing problems to take control earlier and devise their own strategies. If the directors drive the process, they retain control of the strategy and give their bank greater confidence for a positive outcome."
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March